skip to main | skip to sidebar

Novarum Rerum Cupidis

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Pages

  • Home

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Announcement!

I just received word that my abstract for a research paper I wrote last semester was accepted for presentation at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) that will take place at Weber State University on March 29-31. It was one selected out of 3,500 other submissions. Pretty cool, right??

My paper is called "Blogging in Undergraduate Courses: A Potentially Powerful Tool for Self-Directed Learning." I posted a proposal a couple months ago on my other blog here.

This, of course, means that I'll have to go back and work on this paper quite a bit more. I think blogging can be used for multiple purposes in academic courses, but I think its most powerful form is an interactive learning log, one that can help students trace their learning process and give them a venue for interacting with their peers and the online community at large. I have come to the conclusion, however, that in many respects blogging cannot stand alone; it must be accompanied by an enlightened instructor with an evolving pedagogy, a technophilic classroom environment, and committed students.

Hmmm. Hmmmmm.... It appears I have much thinking and writing and revising to do. Updates to come!

P.S. If this conference is anything like the National Collegiate Honors Council Conference I went to back in October, then this paper is going to ROCK THEIR WORLD. Just sayin'.
Posted by Unknown at 1:10 AM Email This BlogThis! Share to X Share to Facebook

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You celebrity, you.

January 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Megan said...

Congrats, Ariel!

January 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
I'm a Mormon.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile

Things I'm Thinking About

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2012 (14)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (1)
    • ▼  January (9)
      • The Vision
      • The REAL Question Is...
      • Feeling Legit.
      • The Scope of A Mormon Woman
      • Philosophy of Conversation: A Call for Change
      • Announcement!
      • Official
      • Learning Plan 1.0
      • Say Whaaat?? First Day of CS 100
  • ►  2011 (5)
    • ►  December (5)

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

My Other Blogs

  • The Silver Lining
    Notice
    14 years ago
  • Contemplating the Complexities of Our Existence
    Writing about Blogging: A Proposal
    14 years ago

The Breath of Reason Itself

Ariel's bookshelf: read

The Ghost Map: The Story of London's Most Terrifying Epidemic--and How It Changed Science, Cities, and the Modern WorldLes MisérablesA Tale of Two CitiesLord of the FliesAdventures of Huckleberry FinnThe Odyssey

More of Ariel's books »
Ariel's  book recommendations, reviews, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Labels

  • academic blogging (1)
  • learning plan (1)
 
Copyright (c) 2010 Novarum Rerum Cupidis. Designed for Video Games
Download Christmas photos, Public Liability Insurance, Premium Themes